The loan applications period for the 2017-18 academic year is now CLOSED.
The Application Process
Students may apply for a LIFT or Legacy loan for the upcoming school year beginning on February 1 and ending on the last Friday in April every year. Here are the requirements to complete our online application:
- LIFT and Legacy loans are available annually to legal residents of Lancaster County, PA.
- Student must plan to be enrolled full-time at an accredited institution of higher learning. Loans may be attained for undergraduate or graduate school education.
- Student must be attending or have graduated from a Lancaster County high school or homeschool. Adult or nontraditional learners are exempt from this requirement.
- Students must provide family financial information and a scanned copy of the Federal Application for Student Aid (FAFSA) form.
- Students may receive up to, but no more than, four loans from Lancaster Dollars for Higher Learning.
If a LIFT or Legacy loan is awarded, payment will be sent to the school or college to be applied directly against a student’s tuition obligation. Loan awards are not made directly to students or their families.