- Apply Online: 2/1/19-4/26/19
- Notification of Loan: 6/7/19
- Return Loan Agreement: 6/29/19
- Distribution of Funds: 8/1/19
- Repayment Begins: 6 months after graduation or cease full-time student enrollment
How much is each loan?
Loans of $1,700 per student were provided in the 2018-19 academic year. The loan amounts may vary each year.
Who is eligible?
Any student who is a resident of Lancaster County, who will be attending an accredited institution of post-secondary education full-time, and shows financial need.
How do I apply?
Complete the online application and provide a copy of the SAR (Student Aid Report) from the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
How many loans can I receive?
Each student is eligible for up to 4 loans.
Do I have to reapply each academic year?
If I get more than one loan does my monthly repayment amount increase?
No. The monthly repayment amount remains the same. The length of the repayment period is extended depending on how many loans you receive.
Where does LDHL get its funds?
We receive funds from loan repayments from previous recipients, contributions from the community, and interest from investments. We are a non-profit organization that’s been providing loans since 1961 and we do not receive any goverment funding.
When do I notify LDHL of changes?
- Withdrawal from school
- Drop below full-time enrollment
- Change of name, address, phone number or email address
- Want to change banking information for repayments
NOTE: Loans from LDHL are not grants or scholarships. Loan documents issued by LDHL constitute valid and legally binding obligations on the part of the borrower and the co-signer and carry the full force of law.